February 22, 2009

Party Planning vs. Homework

Greetings on this lovely Sunday evening. I started to watch the Oscars, but as soon as Hugh Jackman failed miserably at being funny I had to forgo the fashion and film for a healthy dose of C.O.P.S. In fact, a dude just got picked up for soliciting an undercover prostitute. I bet his wife is going to be mad.
I spent this weekend Goodwill, Salvation, and antique mall shopping with my lovely mother who had come to visit me in Ames this weekend. I discovered an amazing antique mall in downtown Ames with three levels of all sorts of beautiful relics from the past. I can't wait to go back and browse. I found a few pieces of vintage jewelery that I absolutely don't think I can live without. My mom and I were in search of inexpensive crystal, lace, and other baubles to accent a party I am hosting for one of my co-workers. The theme is soft pinks accented with a touch of Victorian elegance, on a budget. Here is a sample of what I've come up with so far. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.



No comments: